1. What's included? Your Room Includes: King single or Queen Bed with quality mattress and bedside cabinet, built in wardrobe or standalone wardrobe, desk, chair, waste paper bin, desk lamp, laundry basket and smoke detector, bed linen, quilt and pillow set if requested . Rooms are either air-conditioned (ducted or split) or have a pedestal fan/ceiling fan. All rooms have locks. Rent Includes: Linen package (bed sheets, pillow case, quilt, pillow). Once a month replacement of linen and professional cleaning of the room plus all electricity, furniture, garden maintenance, gas, unlimited wireless internet, water and professional cleaning of common areas once a month.
2. How much is the bond? Bond is 4 weeks rent.
3. Is the wifi limited? Wifi is UNLIMITED!
4. I would like to secure a room. What is the process? In order for us to hold a room for you, you must put down a holding deposit of 2 weeks rent in advanced. Please take a screen shot of the receipt so we can hold it for you immediately! You can find the payment options / instructions here. Please take note of the sample lease documents provided on this page. You can then click through to the application page, where you can fill out your online application. Please ensure you include ALL required documents before submitting the form, to ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible. If there are any more documents required, you will receive an email regarding this from the admin team. Please be patient, as this may take some extra time during the busy period. Once you have been approved, you will receive an email with a small introduction to the property, and instructions on how to pay the bond. Please ensure the bond is paid BEFORE your scheduled move in date, and again provide a receipt. Please note you will not be able to move in or sign the lease until the bond has been paid and received in the company account. Once the bond has been received, we can organize a date and time for you to sign the lease and pick up the key. In some cases the signing of the lease may be done electronically.
5. How many people in the house? House 1 & 2- 5 rooms (with 2 ensuite rooms that may contain a couple) House 3&4- 4 rooms (with 2 ensuite rooms that may contain a couple) House 5 to11- 6 rooms (with 1 ensuite room that may contain a couple) House 12- 8 rooms
6. How many kitchens per house? 1 large kitchen per house. Each kitchen has : 2 fridges with shelves allocated to individual rooms, gas stove, oven/grill, microwave, dishwasher,kettle, toaster, all kitchen utensils such as pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, etc..
7. How many people do I have to share the bathroom with? This depends on the house you are in: House 1: 3 people using common bathroom House 2: 4 people using 1 common bathroom & 1 common toilet House 3&4: 2 people using 1 common bathroom House 5-11: 5 people using two bathrooms House 12: 7 people using 2 large bathrooms
8. Can guests stay over? Yes, however rules do apply. Please see Part 6 of House rules below: Guests are to vacate the premises by 11:00 PM. Please note that the guests are not covered under the owners Public Liability insurance whilst attending the premises. 6. 1 Visitation by guests should be kept to minimum and preferably be conducted in the outdoor areas provided. 6.2 Residents are to submit a request in advance in writing seeking permission for guests to sleep over at a fee of $20.00 per night. Any guest reported or found sleeping at the rental premises without permission of Provider/ Providers agent will result in corresponding resident incurring a penalty equivalent to one week’s rent per week payable on demand and deducted from your bond if unpaid. THIS MAYBE CONSIDERED A SERIOUS BREACH. 6.3 Residents must ensure their guests abide by the rules of the premises and that they do not interfere with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of other residents. 6.4 Guests are prohibited from entering the rooms of residents other than their host. 6.5 Residents are responsible from the conduct of their guests including payment for any damage or breakage that may occur. 6.6 Guests may park their cars on the premises as long as this does not interfere with the resident’s use of the premises.
9. How far is the property to public transport? We have a bus stop directly across the road, as well as two bus stops along kelvin grove road (about a 5 minute walk) (Zones Travelled In: 1-2) Closest Bus Stop – Approximately 290 metres on Kelvin Grove Road; Bus Route 390, 345, 325, 360,361,364.
10. Is there parking? Yes. There is parking available on and off site. On site parking consists of 3 paid spots- 1 carport and 2 shaded areas. These are at an additional cost pf $10 and $5 respectively per week. All other parking on site is free and is first in first serve. You must make sure that you only park on the right hand side of the driveway and in a way that does not stop others from moving in and out of the driveway. You may also park on the street. You will need a permit from the council which costs $10 per year.
11. How far to grocery store? What about the gym and restaurants? We are conveniently located near several grocery stores such as Aldi shopping center (290m walk). You will also find a Woolworths supermarket in Kelvin Grove Village – Approximately 1km away and Coles Supermarket, about 1.5k away. Both centers have many restaurants cafes, pharmacies, gyms and cinemas! See links below for more info. https://thevillageshoppingcentre.com.au/ http://www.newmarket-village.com.au/
12. How far to QUT Kelvin Grove? According to google maps, walking to QUT Kelvin Grove takes 10 minutes.
13. How far to QUT Garden's Point? According to google maps, 36 minutes by public transport, and 11 minute drive. There is also a free shuttle bus for students between Kelvin Grove and Gardens Point campus every 10-15 minutes.
14. Will I get a lease document? Absolutely!All our tenants sign a lease document which is provided for rooming accommodation by the RTA.
15. Why do I have to pay a bond? A rental bond is money paid by the tenant at the start of a tenancy agreement. It is used as financial protection for the lessor in case the tenant breaches the terms of the agreement. A bond is sometimes referred to by other names such as a security deposit, linen deposit, key (or security card) deposit or pet bond. However, if it is money paid as protection over the property and its inclusions that is not rent – then it is a rental bond. It is paid in addition to rent or rent in advance. However, most lessors/agents take bond money as security for the premises. They may need to claim a part or all of the bond money at the end of the tenancy if the tenant costs them money by damaging the premises, breaching the agreement or owing rent
16. Can I pay less than the required amount of bond? For general tenancies the law says if the rent is $700 or less per week, the maximum bond amount is four weeks rent. The Act does not require a bond to be taken, however at City Groves we do require 4 weeks bond.
17. I like the property, but I want to live with my friends, is this possible? Yes! The best time to organize a group to move into our accommodation is Jan/Feb. This is the time when most leases end and when the most rooms are available. While we can't confirm that you will have an entire house to yourselves, it is certainly possible to have all your friends in the same house. If this does not work out, don't forget that we have 12 houses at the same address which means your friends won't be too far away!